Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Re-purposed Art!

Re-purposed Sidewalk Words!





     I decided to make re-purposed art with blue painter's tape and pre-established sidewalk words. My idea for this project came to me while I was walking down a random street in Boston. I'm always fascinated and frustrated with the thousands of signs we absorb every day. I decided to play with some of the words construction workers had wrote on the sidewalk. One place in particular had "mon" spray painted in white. I used my blue tape and added "ey" to the end so that it read money. Then I put a long slash through the entire word.
     It was quite satisfying to watch people glance at it with perplexed expressions! One lady and her friend even pointed at it with amusement, then clearly began a conversation about it. I plan to manipulate more of these sidewalk words and video the reaction of people passing by.












No comments:

Post a Comment